For People Volunteering With Children
The Episcopal Church, the Episcopal Diocese of New Jersey, and Trinity Episcopal "Old Swedes" Church take the safety and care of our children very seriously. The Episcopal Diocese of New Jersey has the put in place following guidelines for work with children and youth in congregations: Respecting the Dignity of Every Human Being, A Manual for the Health of the Church and it's People.
All Trinity Volunteers, Wardens, and Staff must complete the following clearances and criteria prior to beginning volunteer or paid work with children:
- Submit a release for a background check (click here for a copy)
- Submit a name and birth date criminal record check in all states in which the applicant has lived in the last 7 years. This must be renewed every 5 years. NJ Link Here
- Agree to a Sex Offender Registry check. This must be renewed every 5 years.
- Submit 2 references and attend an interview.
- Be active in the parish for at least one year before beginning work with children and youth.
- Take part in in Safe Church training (every 3 years) through the Episcopal Diocese of NJ. Dates can be found on the calendar (often on Saturdays) here.